1. “The complainant, Paul Walton, thought it was not fair or balanced to provide the names in some crime stories, but leave them out in others.”
We don’t think that’s very “fair or balanced” either! Especially when they only name names of White Men~~!!
2. “The definition of “illegal” in the Canadian Oxford dictionary is “not legal” or “contrary to law.”
CBC IS FINE CALLING ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS ILLEGAL
BUT THEY WON’T CALL “REFUGEES” CROSSING FROM AMERICA ILLEGAL!!
3. “You asked that CBC News staff provide proof, by citing actions and statements by Mr. Bannon that would indicate he is a racist and anti-Semite.”
SHE NEVER ACTUALLY INCLUDES ANY PROOF OF HIM BEING AN ANTI-SEMITE!! BUT STILL DISMISSED THE COMPLAINT!
4. “the material CBC uses in its Syrian coverage is often “grossly biased to the point one would think they came from the CIA.””
6. “I agree that drinking on the set of a news programme, even one with the range of content of The National, might not have been the wisest choice. Having said that, it was framed in the context of a New Year celebration”
7. “omission of the controversy in this case is hardly evidence of bias”
8. The CBC Opinion section doesn’t need to be balanced! Besides, they’re working on it!
9. She Criticizes the Complainer!
10. “I note that you initially sent an email to this office on November 2nd, 2016, the day the article was published. Unfortunately we never received it, it never arrived, and it wasn’t until you inquired about it on December 19 that the process began.”
(Yea, We remember when you “lost” our complaint too, Esther.)
11. “Ok, we screwed up! But we fixed it.. ok.. we didn’t fix it.. Sincerely, Esther Enkin.”
The CBC Ombudsman ignored 11/11 complaints. She is not interested in holding the CBC accountable, for anything.
- Esther is clearly ignoring tons of other complaints, only 11 answered in 2 months! (maybe she ‘lost’ them too?)
- She never, ever agrees with the complainant. Even when the CBC made factual errors and the person interviewed contacted them to correct the errors, then they screwed up again, Esther could only say “CBC News might want to keep an eye on its progress.”
- She doesn’t care about balance or bias and says the CBC doesn’t have to be impartial.